Do you love all things makeup? Do you want a career where you can take your makeup creativity to the next level? Would you love to be a professional cosmetologist where you can spend all day creating beauty? Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel is for you.
- 84 Hours
- Included in the Cosmetology Program
- Experienced Instructors
- Hands On Classes
- Complete Professional Kit
- MUD-Issued Certificate to Graduate Students
- MUD is the International Leader in Makeup Artistry Schools
Schedule Your Tour
As a MUD partner school, we offer the Beauty Essentials makeup course where you will gain the basic foundations of makeup application and theory so that you can then take those foundational skills along with your unique talent and build a professional beauty career. MUD graduates work all over the world, from fashion runways and movies to opening their own professional makeup studios and starting their own makeup lines. We focus on giving you the tools you need to then follow your dreams wherever they may lead. Below, we’ll go into a bit more detail about what you will learn in MUD Beauty Essentials makeup course.
In MUD Beauty Essentials, you will learn facial analysis, base matching and application, correction, contours and highlights, and learn specific keys to working on the eyes, lips, cheeks, and other facial features. By the end of MUD’s Beauty Essentials course offered by Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel, you’ll be able to perform any makeup technique required, from 100% corrective to all-natural makeup.
Why Aspen Beauty Academy -Laurel?
- We are the only makeup school in Maryland to offer MUD’s top-notch, in-depth makeup certification program.
- Our instructors have years of experience. They love teaching, are enthusiastic, and are vested in you and your career. When you sign up with Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel, you will receive a deeper, thorough understanding of the entire makeup industry and makeup applications and techniques.
- Our makeup classes are hands-on. You will be spending a large part of your time in practical application, applying makeup for hours guided by the instructor. Every day you will learn something different, whether it’s makeup application for the runway model or creating a glamorous look from your own imagination. The only limits are what you can imagine.
- MUD and Aspen Beauty Academy of Laurel are 100% dedicated to your long-term success, even if you just need help on a project you are working on. Our professional instructors are available for questions and help.
- MUD’s curriculum is precise and well-known, developed from the curriculum from LA and New York studios.
- MUD is an international leader in makeup artistry schools.
Upon successful completion of MUD’s Beauty Essentials makeup course and graduation from your cosmetology training, you will receive a MUD Level 1 Makeup Artist Certificate.
- MUD’s curriculum is the perfect blend of classroom, demonstrations with lab work, and assignments. You will learn how to research your given makeup artist task, how casting is done, and how to translate your work to the professional photo shoot.
- MUD courses are comprehensive and focused, allowing you to personalize your Beauty Essentials course to what you need.
- Upon starting your MUD’s Beauty Essentials makeup classes, you will receive a makeup kit full of MUD’s high-quality products, which has been precisely designed for everything you need to get started as a professional makeup artist.
The Beauty Essentials Kit Contains:
- Make-up Case Set
- Brushes: #210, #220, #310, #350, #500, #620, #710, #900, & #940
- Foundation Primer
- Black Cake Eyeliner
- 2 Eye Color Palettes
- 1 Cheek Color Palette
- 1” Refillable Eye Compact (For Eyeliner)
- 6 Cheek Color Refills: Rose Petal, Soft Peach, Spark, Poppy, Garnet, Pumpkin
- Corrector Palette
- Pencil Sharpener
- 2 Eye Pencils: Black & Taupe
- Brow Fix
- Mascara (Volumizing)
- 12 Eye Shadow Refills: Bone, Pixie, Pomegranate, Taupe, Semisweet, Onyx, Bronzed, Pyramid, Firebrick, Sedona, Velvetine, Smoked Sapphire.
- Foundation Palettes 1 and 2
- Face Primer
- Highlight & Shadow Palette
- Lip Gloss: Shine
- 2 Lip Pencils: Red & Natural
- 3 Lipsticks: Lucky, Rose Clay, & Eggplant
- Loose Powder: Buttercream
- Metal Palette
- 2 Spray Bottles
- Eyelashes: #106 Strip (3 sets), #202 Medium Flare, & #301 Single
- Double Point Cotton Applicators
- Palette knife
- Eyelash Curler
- 10-Pack of Powder Puffs
- 2 Packs of Sponges
- Mascara Wands
- Brush Belt 3 in 1
- Cover Cloth
- Make-up Remover Towelettes
- Glass Container
- MUD Station Mats
- Orangewood Sticks
- Duckbill Hair Clips
- Make-up Designory’s Beauty Make-up – ISBN: 978-0-9749500-1-3
- Beauty Make-up Workbook – ISBN: 978-0-9749500-6-8
*Some of the items and/or colors listed in the kit may be replaced by MUD when necessary.
- 99% Alcohol
- Brush Cleaner
- Duo Eyelash Adhesive
- Hand Sanitizer
- Facial Tissue
- Facial Moisturizer
MUD (Make-up Designory) was founded by professional makeup artists who wanted to bring their skills and crafts to others. In today’s world, beauty professionals need to be multi-faceted, meaning they need to be skilled in more than one area, such as hair, makeup, skincare, and nails. You must be competent in all aspects of your craft. Hence, MUD was born, bringing the best in professional makeup artistry to students of cosmetology, aesthetics, and other licensed professionals in the beauty industry to you.
MUD’s Beauty Essentials makeup course is standardized, meaning it is the same course no matter where you take it — as long as it is from a certified MUD Partner School, such as Aspen Beauty Academy – Laurel. All makeup certifications are delivered from the corporate offices of MUD. MUD is internationally recognized and considered a leader in makeup application courses.